Just like every year, Inman Connect SF ends as quickly as it arrives. It feels as though we blink and just like that, the content packed week of networking and learning is gone in a flash – leaving us with great memories, business cards to sort and information from the top leaders in the industry to reflect on.
Although we were unable to attend every session during the week, below are our favorite tweet-worthy quotes from the event.
- “Different voices bring different perspectives.” ̶ Ginger Wilcox, CIO at Sindeo shared how to apply the peloton (a group of riders in a road bicycle race) concept to your real estate business and how it can benefit your team.
- “Find out what your team is passionate about.” ̶ Caroline Pinal, co-founder at Giveback Homes thoughtfully shared 10 ways to implement giving back in your business.
- “Business cards don’t build connections.” ̶ Leigh Brown, CEO at RE/MAX Executive Realty stressed the importance of building and maintaining meaningful relationships.
- “Ask yourself, does this social channel help me grow, broaden and strengthen relationships? Otherwise, don’t do it.” ̶ Brian Wildermuth, VP of Business Development at Buffini and Company discussed new software applications that expand relationships.
- “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is today.” ̶ Scott Olsen, ReferralExchange CEO shared this Chinese Proverb during his panel to explain the value of establishing and nursing long-term relationships when it comes to referrals.
- “Making a living isn’t the same thing as making a life.” ̶ Alyssa Hellman, Director at Go School delivered an inspiring talk, taking us through her journey of self-discovery.
- “A lead is nothing more than a client some other agent lost.” ̶ Brian Boero, Partner at 1000Watt Consulting spoke about portals and their effect on leads and the industry.
- “The best way to go out of business is to be romantic about the way things used to be.” ̶ Gary Vaynerchuk, CEO of VaynerMedia gave an unforgettable keynote speech, sharing how to grab attention and tell your story in a noisy world.
- “If you don’t tell your story, someone else will.” ̶ Audie Chamberlain, Founder of Lion & Orb and Mor Zucker, Founder and Publisher at TheDenverEar.com, broke down the importance of community marketing.
- “There’s a lot of value in surprising & delighting people.” ̶ Katie Lance, CEO of Katie Lance Consulting wrapped up the week by showing us how human touch mixed with best practices online can create engagement and connections that last.
Looking for more quotes and key takeaways from the conference? Browse the #ICSF feed on Twitter!