We live in a very visual and virtual world — something social media plays a big part in. Different social channels allow users to share candid views into their business, offer two-way engagement in a fun way, help reach audiences who haven’t engaged with you online, and easily communicate your company and value proposition.
Our VP of Marketing, Lisa Fettner, recently hosted a webinar alongside Orlando Realtor® and ReferralExchange member, Nicole Mickle, to share how to strategically use social media to generate business-sustaining referrals. During the webinar, Lisa and Nicole covered the following:
- Benefits of the most popular social channels
- Essential tips and tools to help you generate referrals from social media
Snapchat continues to be a valuable platform for storytelling and sharing content and tips. Here are a few ideas on how you can use Snapchat for your business:
- Show how to use a new tool or provide tips.
- Share a “behind-the-scenes” look at a listing or open house.
- Send your clients videos and pictures from a house tour and ask for their feedback.
- Create a geofilter for your open house to promote the property and your brand.
Just like Snapchat, Instagram offers several ways to engage and reach audiences online. Nicole, an Instagram pro, who has received numerous referrals using the social channel, highlighted the importance of sharing a variety of content and not making your posts all about business. Visit her page (@iorlandorealestate) and you’ll quickly see she is the local expert in her area as she shares design ideas, new restaurants/shops, properties she has just sold, local news, inspirational quotes and more on her page. Most importantly, she reminds users to be themselves and be authentic. Here are a few other ideas:
- Showcase special features (e.g., views, pools) of a home and the neighborhood (e.g., restaurants, amenities, indoor/outdoor lifestyle benefits).
- Make Instagram your virtual catalog or home magazine.
- Use Instagram stories to share listings (always ask clients for approval first) and a sneak peek into your personal and business life.
- Post “sold-property” pictures and thank those involved in the process/care of their client.
- Use different hashtags in posts to promote reach (e.g., #homebuying, #orlandorealestate, #newconstruction).
Facebook Live is another way agents are taking advantage of real-time video because most everyone is already on the platform. To make the most of Facebook Live, make sure you go live when your viewers are online, create snappy titles for your videos, respond to comments quickly, and share your video everywhere. Here’s how you can use Facebook Live to generate awareness and new business:
- Share live behind the scene videos before, during, and after staging a home or hosting an open house.
- Create contests and ask your audiences to guess where you are.
- Host a live Q&A on different topics.
- Post live video showings and quick “how-to” videos.
Many of these content ideas can be easily adapted across all social channels — it just depends which of those channels you are most comfortable using and who your target audience is. It’s critical to ask your clients which channels they’re using since you want them — and future clients like them — to see what you’re posting.
Regardless of which channels you are using, it’s important to always be consistent, relevant, and don’t be afraid to have fun.